Friday, February 26, 2010

Every good gift is from above.

On February 9 my mother called me to tell me that the nurses had not been able to wake my father that morning. I flew out that morning praying that I would still be able to see my father alive. But I did not set my heart on it. I was happy enough knowing that I will see my father in heaven.
I got to the hospital at 11:00 PM. My sisters had told my father to wait because I was coming. Though he was dying, his face brightened when I came to greet him, and I am sure he said "I love you." After spending some time with him, kissing him and praying for him, I told him he could go to be with Jesus. It is a better place. Less than an hour after I arrived he was unresponsive and about 20 hours later he passed peacefully into glory.
The doctor said he probably did wait for me. That is a gift I will be eternally grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment