Wednesday, January 20, 2010

House Cleaning for 2009

Yes, 2010 has been rolling for 20 days but I can't resist challenging you with some house-cleaning tips from Doug Phillips' blog. Doug suggests reflecting on 2009 and listing the special mercies and providences of God for the year (and thanking Him.) Secondly, think about which people God has used to bless you and go to thank them. Thirdly, think about who has hurt you, and forgive them. "Life is too short to be bitter."
God has recently convicted me of bitterness. I now can better understand why the writer of Hebrews warns against a root of bitterness springing up and causing trouble. For me the bitterness came with ingratitude, a strong sense of entitlement and a critical spirit. Yuck! Repentance is a wonderful house cleaning, and as I know I will be tempted to bitterness again, I am resolved by God's grace, to do battle against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment